Welcome to Kabal
Kabal was originally established as a Guild Wars guild in 2007. Since then, Kabal has spread across multiple games and become a more general gaming community. Kabal has had members and chapters in games ranging from MMOs like Runes of Magic, Lord of the Rings Online, DC Universe Online, Rift, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy 14 and the original Guild Wars to competitive/cooperative games such as Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress, Dungeon Defenders, League of Legends, DOTA 2, and Minecraft.
Kabal utilizes tools such as Discord for voice chat and Slack for text chat to foster a friendly and active community outside of a specific game, keeping the guild connected no matter what any member happens to be doing at the time.
If you are seeking a community that spans beyond a single game and focuses on promoting friendship, fellowship and synergy between members and the guild, rather than the pursuit of progression and loot, then you may consider joining our family!
Kabal was originally founded in Guild Wars by the following three individuals. These three continue to lead and administrate the guild with the help of the guild officers.
Kabal officers are members who took it upon themselves to go above and beyond the call of duty and showed leadership in the greater structure of the guild and community. These individuals volunteered to help lead the guild in an official capacity and were promoted to officer status by the guild leadership.
Kabal Guild Rules & Charter
The following should be read and understood by all guild members. Any and all questions should be directed to an officer or leader of Kabal.
The Guild Leaders reserve the right to make changes or exceptions to these rules at any time.
Our main focus is to promote friendship, fellowship and synergy between members and the guild, rather than the pursuit of progression and loot.
Code of Conduct & Membership Requirements
Although Kabal is a laid-back guild, we have some expectations for our members’ behavior. These rules are important in maintaining order and goodwill among our members, as well as our external guild image.
If you witness another member of Kabal breaking a rule, bring it to the attention of an officer or leader.
- Don’t be a jackass...
- It is expected that all members of Kabal treat their fellow members with respect. Respect - the objective, unbiased consideration and regard for the rights, values, beliefs and property of all people.
- Do not beg or ask for money and items from anyone (unless you are willing to pay).
- Do not repeatedly spam any public channel, whether in a game, Slack, or on Discord.
- Do not create or contribute to a dispute in guild, alliance, or public chats. Disputes and arguments should be handled privately and in a civilized manner. If a conflict cannot be handled in this manner, an officer or leader should be sought out to mediate the dispute.
- When using a channel or voice server shared by other guilds, keep their own Codes of Conduct in mind. Not everyone is as strict/relaxed as we are.
- In our Discord, Push to Talk is required if in a guild scheduled event (raids, missions, etc).
- No cheating of any kind will be tolerated. This includes (but is not limited to) exploiting and scamming. If you are unsure if an action may be considered as such, find an officer or leader and ask.
- Profanity and adult-oriented topics are tolerated. However, this does not mean that guild channels should become saturated with either.
- If someone finds a topic in a public channel to be offensive, respect your fellow member and move the conversation to a private channel.
Depending on the severity of the offense, members that violate one of the guild rules may be given a warning. If a repeat infraction occurs, the member will be removed from the guild.
Members will be kicked from guild after 90 days of inactivity if no notice is given, 180 days if notice is given.
Please note that Kabal is an adult guild in which adult conversations take place; therefore, we do prefer members to be over the age of 17. Members under this limit are expected to act accordingly and to be respectful of other members of the guild.
While an extensive knowledge of the game is not required, Kabal members should be willing to learn as well as teach. By helping others we help ourselves and build the guild as a whole.
Kabal does make use of Discord and other chat/community platforms such as Slack and Google Hangouts. While it is not required to use these programs, it can help you while doing runs in game and becoming a part of our community outside of game!
While progress is a goal for Kabal, it is not the ultimate goal. If you are looking for a quick progression guild or access to high level loot, Kabal might not be the guild for you. If you are looking for a way to improve your skills and develop as a player, Kabal will welcome you with open arms.
GW2 Specific Rules and Requirements
No representation requirements at this time.
If there's something in the guild bank or something regarding the guild hall that you do not have permissions for, ask an Officer. If you are unsure about the guild bank usage, ask an officer.
Do you want a dental plan with that?
Yes, I'd like to keep my teeth healthy to eat Quaggan babies (This should be your answer in the applications to verify that you have read the Kabal's Righteous Rules!)
Apply to Kabal
Kabal is recruiting. We are a small gaming community looking for people who want a guild to call home. Adventurers wanted for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful.
If you have read and agree to the rules listed above, you may apply here.